It doesn’t get any easier than this, the surprising flavor will have everyone wanting this again and again!
- 1 package Pepperidge Farms Puff Pastry Shells:
- 1 container 15 oz. of Part-skimmed Ricotta (I prefer Sargento)
- 2 T honey – more to taste if you like it sweeter. (get one with a squeeze bottle to use for garnish and topping)
- 1 package fresh strawberries (cleaned, stem removed and cut in half).
- Powder sugar and sliced almonds for garnish
Prepare Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Shells according to package directions. When baked, let cool slightly, use a knife to help remove the tops. Set aside pastry and tops in a plastic bag or tupperware until right before serving (can be made a few hours in advance).
Mix together the Ricotta and honey in a small bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to use. Wash, remove stems, cut in half, and pat dry the fresh strawberries, store in a plastic bag in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Right before serving dessert: Set out 6 dessert plates, drizzle the plates with honey. Place the puff pastry shells on top of the honey. Spoon approx. 2 T of the Ricotta/honey mixture into the center of each pastry shell (use it all up!), put the tops on the side of the shell. Divide the sliced strawberries between the shells and place them on top of the Ricotta/honey shells. Sprinkle each shell with sliced almonds. Drizzle the finished dessert with honey, moving back and forth. Shake some powder sugar on top. Serves 6.
Note: Make sure guess have dessert forks and butter knife to assist with eating!